WOULD YOU LIKE TO JOIN OUR TEAM?
Whether you are a professional looking to work pro bono, a person wanting to get involved with a specific project, or a student looking to hone skills, Hope for a New Generation has a place for you!
Volunteer to Help in these Locations:
- Atlanta, Georgia
- Miami, Florida
- Fort Lauderdale, Florida
- Jacksonville, Florida
- Los Angeles, California
International Mission Initiatives:
- Dominican Republic
- South Africa
Community Service Opportunities:
- Educational Services
- Performing Arts
- Ecumenical & Interfaith Events
- Cultural Preservation
- Social Justice for Women and Children
- Advocacy for Women and Children
- Music Programs
SOME OF THE POSITIONS IN HFNG
As an Associate Director, you would be shouldering a portion of the responsibilities of the Executive Director. Some responsibilities include assisting in the overall management and daily operation of the organization, collaborating with the staffs, co-direct the steering of priorities of the organization in consultation with the Board of Directors, including grant acquisition as well as negotiate, build and execute strategic alliances/campaigns to maximize output for stakeholders.
Board of Director:
The Board will support the work of HFNG and provide leadership and strategic governance to move the organization from a start-up phase to a sustainable operation. Whereas day to day operations are led by the Executive Director (ED), the Board-ED relationship is a partnership where the appropriate involvement of the Board is both critical and expected.
As a Program Intern, you will be assigned to one of our programs and taught the ropes on how it operates. You will be directly responsible for the upkeep of communications with stakeholders, engage with beneficiaries, participate in crafting program budgets, coordinate partnerships and may even have an opportunity to make presentations and/or run program workshops.
Marketing and Promotions (MAP) Intern:
As a MAP Intern, you will design promotional materials like brochures, post cards, fliers and others for commercial use. The MAP Team markets events and programs to the general public and creates creative contests for audiences to engage in. In addition to working directly with the PR Specialist or designated staff member, the MAP team contributes work alongside the Board of Directors Communications Committee in shaping, honing and creating the messaging necessary to increase brand recognition and maximize potential impact.
If you do not represent an org/company/etc you are welcome to join the team. You will be representing the organization while gaining new contacts and experiences that will strengthen your activism toward eradicating poverty and empower/educate underprivileged children.
HFNG Ambassador Responsibilities:
- Educating the community members about our mission
- Own our mission through all of your actions and interactions
- Active participant in our volunteer program
- Positive presence to diffuse potential difficult situations that are not aligned with our mission
- Relationship-building with the community, friends and corporations Genuine desire to make a difference in the lives of others
- Exceptional communications skills, articulate, able to talk to anyone
- Ability to make decisions on what is right or wrong while staying true to Hope for a New Generation Mission
- Must strive to maintain a good image of the organization at all times.